We have today released the Version 38 of our 2019/2020 Te Araroa Trail Maps and Notes. As you can imagine a lot of time and effort by many people, including many volunteeers goes into these documents and we do all we can to get them right, some times mistakes are made, so we welcome any feedback as you undertake the trail – one of our key strategies is to work really hard to improve the walker experience. If you do have any feedback please send to myself on email@example.com
Below is a summary of the changes we have made to the Trail for the 2019/2020 walking season.
• Puketi Forest (Northland) – after some great work by DOC the original route through the forest has reopened
• Puketotara Farm (Northland) – we have been unable to secure an off road route past the farm, so this section is on road
• Trail South of Whanganui – we have been able to reduce the amount of road walking on SH3.
• Santolf Forest (Whanganui) - because of logging, we have had to re route further south along the beach in the area
• Palmerston North – the trail through the eastern side of the city has been re routed to take in a new bridge across the river
I will post to this during the season with any changes that need to be made.
I welcome any questions you may have, on behalf of the Te Araroa Trust I wish you all the very best for your adventure ahead
Chief Executive – Te Araroa Trust